Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Night Live Music: "King of the Road/Let's Get Married"

Melissa and I saw the Proclaimers, a kind of fantastic folk-punk-gospel duo, live in a tiny club in Salt Lake City, back in 1994, when they were touring the U.S. in support for their then-new album, Hit the Highway. I've followed their career, and been hoping to see them again, ever since. A great, great, soulful and powerful show--certainly equal to what they put on here.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Did you buy their popular album, "Sunshine on Leith"? We've enjoyed The Proclaimers for 19 years thanks to that.

Russell Arben Fox said...

Oh yes, Rob, we have Sunshine; that was the album that got me into them. (A friend from Virginia, who I was staying with when I lived in Washington DC for a summer, had a copy; previous to that, I'd only ever heard the "500 Miles" song on the radio.) But I actually think Hit the Highway is a better album, and some of their later ones are quite good as well.