Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Or Should I Say, Declan MacManus, International Art Thief?"

I'm sorry, I know I don't have the time to do this now, but last night my wife and I watched "Kidney Now!" on Hulu, and honestly, I just have to ask the question: is there anything right now, being broadcast anywhere on this planet, in any electronic medium whatsoever, that is nearly as funny as 30 Rock? I sincerely doubt it.



[Update 11/18: Oh bother, Hulu has taken the clips down. Oh well; you can still find the best bits here.]

The whole episode is hilarious, as nearly all the episodes are, none of it more so than the final big tribute number, with dozens of celebrities gathered for the cause "One Song. One Man. One Kidney." It was the best star-studded season finale I've seen since The Simpsons' "Krusty Gets Kancelled" ("Oh no--Bette Midler!!"), which I maintain is quite possibly the Funniest 30 Minutes In All Human History.

Oh, will someone assure me that I'm not the only person who thinks he caught a wickedly obscure M*A*S*H joke in the episode? Thanks.

2 comments:

Jacob T. Levy said...

Agreed all around.

"What's all this crying about babies and chickens?" You're not the only one.

Russell Arben Fox said...

"I thought this was a comedy show!"

Simply brilliant (though I had to pause the show for a couple of minutes while I explained the whole thing to Melissa, who was, as she often is, bemused that I remember so much television from my youth).