Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Morning Videos: "Day by Day"

Last week's return to "Don't Stand So Close to Me" gave me a brainwave: I've been doing this for going on two years now, and as best as I can tell, I've yet to put up even a single video by an artist whom I've already done once. Which is, if you think about it, crazy. I mean, there were a lot of bands and singers making videos during the height of the Friday Night Videos era, but not an endless number. If I keep at this, I'm going to have to start returning to some artists eventually...so why not start now?

Well, so be it: beginning today, and going until whenever I change my mind, I'm going to be putting up a different video by the same artist responsible for the video that I put up as near as possible exactly the year before. That should be doable. If I happened to have chosen a video by some one-hit wonder on any given week in the past, well, that just means I'll be able to find a new one for now. But so long as musicians and bands have more than one video to their credit, and I can find it online, I should be able to keep it going.

So, here we go. On Friday, September 25, 2009, I put up this rocking classic by The Hooters. This number isn't its equal--I can just barely remember it, to tell the truth--but it's a decent tune all the same. And hey, you can't say no to a mandolin.

No comments: