Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Friday Morning Videos: "Running in the Family"

These guys definitely deserved to be bigger than they were in their heyday; they're one of my favorite bands. And just to prove how completely they missed the brass ring (despite a couple of top 40 tunes in the U.S.), I confess that I have no memory whatsoever of Level 42's 80s music while I was growing up (though I'm sure I must have heard some of it). It was hearing one of my fellow missionaries in South Korea singing their praises that led me to dig up their music once I came home, and giving it serious attention. To say the least, I was rewarded. Simply peerless, smooth, hip, funky, perfect pop sound. So many great cuts to choose from; picking this video was more a matter of arbitrary taste than anything else.

No comments: