Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Morning Videos: "Joey"

Now here's another one that was just a little too alternative to be properly categorized: Concrete Blonde. I first heard their music a year or two after their big album, Bloodletting, came out; I think my old friend Matt Stannard had a copy. My favorite track off it was "Tomorrow Wendy"; I'd never heard anything like it before--but then, the Goth style didn't have much of a presence in Provo, Utah, in 1991. I wish they'd made a video of that tune. "Joey" is really good too, though.

4 comments:

X.Trapnel said...

'Tomorrow, Wendy' is one of my absolute favorite songs. There's a live version that's particularly wonderful--I think it's on their 'Still in Hollywood' collection (it starts w/ Johnette saying 'This is a song by a friend of ours Andy Prieboy'). If you don't have it, let me know and I'll send it to you; it's fantastic. (As is the alternate version of 'Still in Hollywood', also on that album.)

Russell Arben Fox said...

Wow, Trapnel, thanks! I would love to hear that recording. I'd never heard of "Still in Hollywood" before; I'm Googling it now, and I'm blown away--what a great set of tunes.

WM said...

I always loved it when someone would request their "Happy Birthday" song on Live 105.

Natasha said...

Love this song. :-)