Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Monday, May 29, 2023

Songs of '83: "(Keep Feeling) Fascination"

I was never a big fan of The Human League, whose second American hit, "(Keep Feeling) Fascination," started to climb up the Billboard charts 40 years ago this week, but if I had to choose one of their singles from all of they got to crack American radio during the New Wave era, this would probably be my favorite, maybe just because of Philip Oakey's great vocals. Also, I remember watching the video for this on Friday Night Videos sometime soon after it premiered, and teen-age me thinking to myself: are those toy guitars? Are they even stringed properly? Well, anything to look cool, I guess.

No comments: