Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Saturday Night Live Music: "I Hung My Head"

Melissa and I may never have seen The Police in action (and considering that they came to both Kansas City and Dallas during their reunion tour a few years back, we have no one to blame except ourselves), but we did see Sting in the summer of 1996, during his Mercury Falling tour. A tremendous show. Melissa was eight months pregnant with Megan at the time, but when this song started to get funky, she couldn't stay in her seat, and neither could anyone else.


2 comments:

Matt said...

Hmm, I think that's better with a more sparse production- it's not a song that one should have fun to, I'd think. I liked that album, but the thing I remember from it was the really bizarre video for "I'm sorry happy" - Sting with a mohawk, line dancing aliens, etc.

Withywindle said...

Try the johnny cash cover