Featured Post

WELCOME TO RUSSELL ARBEN FOX'S HOME PAGE

If you're a student looking for syllabi, click the "Academic Home Page" link on your right, and start there.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kristen's Favorite Sesame Street Skits

This new Sesame Street number from a few weeks ago has been making the rounds on the internet, and I have to admit, it's a catchy tune, and it says something worth saying as well. But as our youngest daughter, Kristen, is a four-year-old Caucasian with dishwater blond hair, it's not a skit that especially pulled her in when I showed it to her. She was more interested in some classic Sesame Street Muppet bits, which I was more than happy to show her. Pretty quickly, we developing a bit of ranking, based on how completely the bit in question sent her into paroxysms of laughter on the floor.

Number #5: Put Down the Duckie.



(Wasn't there also a version of this with Gladys Knight and the Pips?)

Number #4: C is for Cookie



(For some reason, she found the vague background monster chorus in this bit absolutely hilarious.)

Number #3: Rubber Duckie



(The classic. Kristen pointed out to me that she owns many small duckies, rather than just one large one.

Number #2: Cooperating with the Count



(As soon as the Count appeared, Kristen identified him as a vampire. Apparently the mass media has done its job well.)

Number #1: The Alphabet



(We're probably never going to be able to practice the alphabet again.)

5 comments:

Matt W. said...

No Lady Bug Picnic? C'mon!

Russell Arben Fox said...

I was going for skits with the Muppets. But if we want to do Sesame Street cartoon, The Alligator King is the one to beat.

Hector said...

I'm probably REALLY dating myself, but I remember 'Put Down the DUckie' first coming out, when I was a little kid. :)

Latter-day Guy said...

Oh my. That last one is almost lethally adorable.

However, my all time favorite is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

Russell Arben Fox said...

Hector, I really need to track down all the versions of "Put Down the Duckie." I swear they must have filled a few dozen guest stars doing their bits, and then just rotated them in and out.

Latter-Day Guy, that's horrible. Remind me never to let you babysit my children. (I laughed my ass off.)